At the end of March 2018, 37.9 million motor vehicles are licensed for use on the roads in Great Britain (DVLA). In the UK, we currently do not know what impact roads have on our wildlife. Project Splatter aims to estimate that impact.
- Collate data on roadkill reported by the public in the UK.
- Identify hotspots for wildlife roadkill on UK roads.
- Determine which species are most observed as roadkill.
- Raise awareness of this conservation issue.
- Ultimately reduce the impact of roads on our UK wildlife.